Here are the cities I visited in 2014:
- Hokkaido, Japan — Went to Kiroro Ski Resort.
- Truckee, CA — Company Lake Tahoe ski trip, except there was no snow.
- Austin, TX — My second SXSWEdu.
- Tokyo, Japan — 3 weeks
- Stockholm, Sweden — My first visit to Scandinavia! Really pretty city. (Photos)
- Venice, Italy — Too many tourists. People actually spoke pretty good English. (Photos)
- Berlin, Germany — Loved it. Full of young creatives and cheap everything. Attended CSSConf EU. (Photos)
- Portland, OR — My new favorite city in the US. People were really nice. THe only thing people seem to complain are the weather and lack of diversity. (Photos)
- Chicago, IL — First time ever in Chicago. It’s a huge, hipster, yet humble city in the Midwest. Chicago suburbs looked a lot like Pittsburgh’s (I was there for college). Cold as hell though.
- Vancouver, BC — My second time in Vancouver. Downtown is really pretty during the Christmas season.
- Whistler, BC — Tagged along with my girlfriend, who was attending SmashingConf. Tried to snowboard but there was no snow.
- Tokyo, Japan — Roppongi had gorgeous illuminations. (Photos)
- Wakayama, Japan — Saw my grandparents.
- Osaka, Japan — Saw my grandparents and relatives.
Plans for 2015?
I don’t plan on traveling much in 2015, but I’d love to visit:
- New Orleans, LA - Never been. Hoping to attend NOLA Jazz Fest in May.
- Victoria, BC - Never been. Planning for a visit in Spring or Summer 2015.